Laura Wilcox is a communications executive with extensive experience in media relations, marketing, and program management. She launched WilcoxM3 to provide these services primarily for higher education and nonprofit organizations. Laura served the Council of Independent Colleges (CIC) for 17 years as vice president for communications and the American Council on Education as assistant director for public affairs for six years.
Get in touch
Finding the right consultant to assist your campus or organization in raising its national visibility can be challenging. WilcoxM3 would welcome the opportunity to discuss how our experts can help you achieve your media, marketing, and project management goals.
Laura is passionate about “making the case” for smaller liberal arts colleges, as she led CIC's award-winning public information campaign, Securing America’s Future: The Power of Liberal Arts Education. In addition, as director of the annual College Media Conference for eight years, she is committed to helping campus and nonprofit communications officers reach their media, marketing, and management goals. While at CIC, Laura built and led a robust media relations operation, established partnerships between CIC and media organizations such as The New York Times, Chronicle of Higher Education, and Inside Higher Ed, and built strong relationships with a multitude of national and regional journalists.
THE GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY
Masters, Legislative Affairs
KENT STATE UNIVERSITY
Bachelors, Magna Cum Laude, Communications & Broadcasting
- Silver Anvil Award, Public Relations Society of America, 2016
- EXCEL Gold Award in “Innovation and Strategy in Social Media,” 2015
- EXCEL Gold Award in “Integrated Mixed-Media Campaign,” 2015
Activities & Affiliations
- Public Relations Society of America (PRSA), member
- Education Writers Association, member, 2000–2017
- Served in communications and public affairs positions at the American Council on Education and the Urban Institute
- Served three members of Congress as a House and Senate staff member, including four years as Deputy Press Secretary for the Senate Finance Committee under Senator Lloyd Bentsen (D-TX)
- Was a radio news journalist and producer
What array of expertise and talent can help campus communications teams get the job done right?
WilcoxM3 unites communications experts to offer extensive media, marketing, and management services. Partners include experts in:
- Campaign communications
- Perceptions research
- Websites and digital strategy
- Media buying and planning
- Strategic communications
- Crisis communications
- Media relations, media training, and media tours
- Op-Ed training
- Social media strategies
- Writing and editing large projects
- Creative design